I’m personally a fan of any kind of list, it helps me feel like I’ve got everything under control even when I really haven’t. Following on from my last post 21 things I’ve done in 21 years. I thought it’s now time to start thinking about what I want to do in the future rather than what I’ve done in the past.
Right now I feel like I’ve been struggling to think about and plan for the future as it feels like the current climate is a bit of a barrier, but there is no time better than now to plan. Day dreaming about travelling and all of the things I want to do is the closest I’m getting right now so here we go…
- Run a marathon – This is something that isn’t going to happen next week and needs a lot of time and effort but I really want to complete this one day.
- Reach 100 followers on my blog – Another goal that seems quite far off right now but hopefully with a lot of time and hard work I’ll get there.
- Learn to play the piano – This is something I’ve wanted to be able to do since I was little, never know I might be the next Ludwig Van Beethoven. Well a girl can dream anyway!
- Read 1 book a month – Even though this doesn’t seem like a lot, for someone who never puts time aside to read anymore I’d like to start with an easy goal.
- Become comfortable in myself – I know this one will take a while but it starts with being kinder to myself which I’m working on.
- Learn a language – Duo lingo is my new best friend for this one!
- Buy my first home – Even though it’s a few years away I’m so excited for the day I get keys to my first home!
- Get my own dog – Anyone who knows me knows I’m a dog person and how much I adore my Dad’s dog, Stan. As someone who grew up with dogs, I want my children to do the same.
- Learn how to knit – My Grandma taught me how to knit when I was little but sadly I have forgotten over the years so this is a skill that I would like to re-learn.
- Do a 30 productivity challenge – I am the biggest procrastinator ever so I think this challenge is more of a need than a want.
- Visit the Great Wall of china
- Visit Victoria falls
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef – I have never been to Australia but once I do this is at the top of my list of things to do!
- See the great pyramids of Egypt
- Go swimming with dolphins
- Ride in a hot air balloon- I have seen people setting off in these across the Knavesmire before and I always wish it was me up there.
- Skydive – This is one of my more out there ones, the idea of it scares me but I’ve done a few things that I’ve been terrified of and ended up loving so why not try this one too.
- Go to Bali – Bali has been at the top of my travel list for a while, I’d love to go to Uluwatu Temple and the sacred monkey forest sanctuary, seeing pictures of my friends there has made me want to go even more!
- Visit 50 countries
I am going to keep updating this post, adding and ticking things off as I do them. What’s on your bucket list?